We are handicapped accessible with ramps and elevator.
149 South Main St, Woodstown, NJ 08098 Telephone: 856-769-2484 Fax: 856-769-9926 Email: email@example.com Like us on facebook!
Rev. John Redkoles, Pastor Bishop ~ Rev. John Schol Superintendent, Delaware Bay District ~ Rev. Glenn J. Conaway Lay Leader ~ Sherrill McHarness Administrative Assistant ~ Theresa Williams Organist ~ Ronald Batdorf, Sr.
In 1823 Nicholas Hiles and ten other persons met for the first time in Woodstown with two Methodist itinerant preachers, Edward Stout and Elwood Stokes. Two years later the group became a regular appointment on the Salem Circuit. Our church was named after Francis Asbury, the first Methodist bishop. The church building was first located on the road to Yorketown, where a small cemetery maintained by the church is still located. In 1856, the church moved to a new building at the present location. That building burned in 1893 and was replaced by the existing structure. The education building was added in 1958. Asbury UMC Pastors since 1922
1922-25 ~ E. W. Graham 1925-27 ~ J. Shaw 1927-31 ~ G. H. Redding 1931-34 ~ D. C. Evans 1934-35 ~ William Boyd 1935-41 ~ Dr. E. Robinson 1941-44 ~ Dr. F. B. Stanger 1944-50 ~ Thomas F. Eden 1950-58 ~ James S. McGowan 1958-61 ~ Ralph Kappler 1961-63 ~John S. White 1963-67 ~ Paul W. Vanderloo 1967-74 ~ C. Wesley Crossley 1974-89 ~ Charles A. Bender, Jr. 1989-93 ~ Sandra L. Murphy 1993-02 ~ Dr. Glenn C. Ferguson 2002-07 ~ Joan B. DeSanctis 2007-12 ~ Brian D. Joyce 2012-13 ~ Hyekyung Pauline Kang 2013-15 ~ James L. Peterson 2015-17 ~ Myounghun Stephen Yun 2017-18 ~ Charles A. Bender, Jr. 2018 ~ John S. Redkoles